To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Manager – Sales, Operations, Marketing – New Watford Market
Assistant Manager – Sales, Operations, Marketing
Location of Post:
The role will be divided between New Watford Market (3 days per week) and WMC’s Central Office in Acton (2 days per week), with full time cover at Watford for holidays and when dictated by onsite operational requirements . Travel to other locations in the business will be required on an ad-hoc basis.
£21-23K per annum
We are one of the most recognised market operators in the UK, operating indoor and outdoor retail sites across the country. Our markets range from traditional stalls, artisan and themed markets to the latest in retail unit innovations.
The role is split between an onsite, implementation and delivery role at New Watford Market (70%) and a creative development role at the Central Office (30%) working alongside the management team.
The onsite role will include:
- Sourcing and recruiting new traders
- dealing with trader enquiries and market administration
- Development and implementation of the marketing and communications activity
- Creation and delivery of the onsite events and animation programme
- Supporting the onsite asset management to ensure the accurate recording and proactive management of – rent collection, trader paperwork, lease/license schedules, statutory compliance documentation and site cost schedules .
The Central role supports the Sales & Marketing Manager through:
- providing ideas, leads and implementation support for events activity across the company’s portfolio of markets
- providing support for the estate wide sales activity / trader recruitment
Working with the Watford Market Manager and Sales & Marketing Manager to:
- Develop and implement a targeted lettings strategy for a complementary mix of traders at New Watford Market
- Support the onsite teams in the other WMC Markets to deliver their lettings strategies and target traders
- Proactively approach new traders to drive income across all WMC markets and projects
- Develop Trader Marketing packs to best sell the market and the company and increase lettings and income
Support the Watford Market Manager to:
- Complete daily company paperwork and contribute to the rent collection process
- Ensure all financial schedules, tenancy schedules and tenants files are kept up to date and accurate onsite.
- Monitor the market and deal with any operational issues
- Create and manage regular trader communication
- Liaise (through directives) with internal and external stakeholders as required, including Watford Council
- Ensure all marketing collateral is up to date and supports agreed strategy
- Manage operatives to drive high standards of cleanliness, presentation and health and safety standards
- Other Ad hoc duties as required
Work with the Sales and Marketing Manager to:
- Devise and deliver the annual Watford marketing plan with clearly defined timelines
- Create and deliver an ongoing social media content plan, including content creation and uploading to sites including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, as well as replying to and engaging with customers/users
- Ensure continued cultivation, activity and growth of all social media followers
- Create content for all marketing platforms (website, newsletters, adverts…)
- Drive active events and animation activity at New Watford Market, linked in to the marketing plan
- Create community links in Watford and the surround to support events
- Support event development/planning and execution for all the sites in the company’s portfolio, specifically researching ideas and supporting the onsite operational teams to deliver
The role will involve regular travel, particularly between Watford and Acton, but ad hoc to the company’s other main sites.
The post holder will be expected to act with a positive attitude and in the best interest of WMC Retail at all times
The post holder will be expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility and expertise as may be required by the company from time to time.
The post is a full-time post, working 40 hours per week, which will include working on Saturday.