To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Operations and Estate Manager
Operations and Estate Manager
Location of Post:
London, with regular travel nationwide
£35,000 – £40,000
The role will report to the Retail Project Manager
The purpose of this job is to effectively manage retail operations across WMC’s portfolio of retail markets, to maximise sales, profitability and standards of each site. The post holder will manage the site managers and be responsible for ensuring that each site is maintained to the highest possible standards, that a number of key projects are effectively delivered and that a robust performance management process is delivered.
Secondly the job will support WMC’s consultancy work by supporting the management team with delivery of retail projects, particularly focusing on areas related to; site operations, P/L development, tenant/landlord matters and facilities management.
- Effectively manage the performance and development of site managers to drive and maximise sales performance across all sites and ensure operational standards are achieved, by implementing good quality performance management procedures.
- Manage the development and implementation of key operational and building management procedures to ensure that they are effective, represent best practice and are properly adhered to across the organisation – e.g. tenant/landlord documentation, rent reviews, lease renewals, concession tracking, tenancy schedules, site costs and management reporting.
- Responsibility for the managing each sites P/L and ensuring their cost monitoring processes are in place to ensure the budget is achieved
- Ensure all sites adhere to statutory compliance requirements in all areas of operational activity, company policies and procedures
- Ensure across the Estate that cost effective support and maintenance arrangements are put in place and regularly reviewed, using internal resources and external contractors where appropriate
- Anticipate future developments across the Estate, ensuring that adequate planning and budgetary provision is made for maintenance and repairs works and that continuity of service is maintained
- Support WMC’s delivery of consultancy projects by working as part of the management team tasked to deliver each project, focused on areas related to; site operations, P/L development, tenant/landlord matters and facilities management.
- Carry out other duties as directed by the line manager in accordance with the level of the post.
The post is a full time post, working 40 hours per week, with a requirement for occasional weekend and bank holiday work during peak periods.
- A proven track record in retail property management
- Experience of managing multi site operations
- Experience of creating a sales culture and driving sales
- Experience of working on managing agent side of retail operations.
- Demonstrable experience of managing teams, including performance managements and career development
- Experience of working with P&L accounts, budgeting and forecasting
- Experience of translating vision/strategies into specific targets and tasks
Skills and Knowledge:
- Commercially astute, identifies and exploits commercial opportunities, uses initiative
- Understanding of estate management best practise and working knowledge or landlord and tenants procedures ( leases, service charge, Landlord and Tenant Act)
- Understands team members and how to get the best from them, setting clear objectives and expectations and ensure staff members understand their responsibilities
- Effective Communicator, both oral and written
- Excellent time manager and ability to prioritise
- Computer literate and excellent attention to detail.
- Builds good working relationships with senior management, colleagues and staff.
- Confident decision maker
- Anticipates/recognises changes in circumstances or recurring problems promptly and adjusts working arrangements accordingly.
- Clearly agrees what is expected of others and holds them to account.
- Takes fact-based decisions
- Shows sensitivity to stakeholders’ needs and interests and manages these effectively.
- Constantly seeks to improve own performance.