Cornish Market World & Kidzworld
WMC Retail Partners operates this popular Cornish site that comprises of Cornish Market World – one of the South West’s largest indoor markets and Kidzworld – a family adventure play facility.
The site, which celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2016, had been in slow decline due to changing shopping habits and the economic pressures felt by the wider retail sector – both regionally and nationally. To answer this situation, WMC Retail Partners’ development team has defined a detailed strategy which has led to a multi-million-pound investment in order to totally transform the site.
This process of transformation is seeing:
- A reimagining of the market hall and constructing brand new units in a shopper-friendly layout
- Successful planning application for seven-day trading at the site
- Brand new façade and the creation of new space for leisure retailers, including leading cycling specialist Pavé Velo
- A reimagining of the market hall, constructing brand new units in a shopper-friendly layout
- The creation of a brand new food and drink visitor attraction called Cornucopia, which will open in the summer of 2017 and celebrate Cornish food and drink excellence
- The UK’s very first Cornish pasty museum – an interactive feature inside Cornucopia – twinned with Mexico’s own tribute to the pasty in Real del Monte – an area heavily influenced by Cornish miners in the 19th century.
- Major investment in expanding the Kidzworld play facilities
- Opening of an American inspired diner by Sam’s – a major Cornish award-winning restaurant brand
The early effects of this strategy are already being felt, with 2017 set to deliver a step-change in the site’s fortunes.